IT | EN

Piazza Matteotti

La Guida di Modena

Piazza Matteotti

 

Open on Via Emilia Centro
 

The square was opened in 1933 by knocking down houses between the two churches of the Voto° and San Giovanni Battista°°, which are now side by side. The fascist rationalistic style is evident in the palaces and in the old name: Piazza Impero.
On the right, Palazzo Ferrari has a sturdy stone portal of the XVI century, maybe by Jacopo Barozzi.
Wonderful views of the Ghirlandina are through the trees of the square.