The church is commonly called ‘the Paradisino’ (that is ‘little Paradise’) from the spring of sweet drinking water, the best in Modena. It was built from 1596 by Giovanni Guerra and modificated in the 19th century thanks to the will of Duke Francesco V.
The interior has a single nave and is characterized by a multicoloured coffered ceiling from the begining of the 17th century by Camillo Gavassetti.
In the first chapel on the left, Annunciazione by Ercole dell’Abate (17th century); in the transept, in a rich gold frame, Santa Teresa con San Giuseppe e San Paolo by Giacinto Garofalini (first 18th century); near the pillar, a marble bas-relief dating back to the 14th century (Madonna col Bambino).
On the right, there is the 17th century: in the first altar, San Gioacchino e Sant’Anna by Paolo dell’Abate; in the fourth, Saint Joseph by Giovanni Boulanger or Michele Desubleo.
The church is now used by the Ukrainian Catholic community. This is the reason why the presbytery is occupied by a large golden icon.