According to the legend, the church and the convent (only for the women of the Benedictine order) were bequested by a rich widow in the remote 681. The church that we see nowadays, however, dates back to 1650, and was designed by Cristoforo Malagola, better known as the Galaverna.
The front, recently restored, has a big round window and classical friezes.
The interior is octagonal and marked by Ionic pilasters under the monochrome decorations of the dome. The atmosphere is intimate and well used by the public. In the medallion on the high altar there is a curious representation of a martyr struggling with a lyon in the Roman Colosseum. The writing is taken by Tertulliano Apologetico and signifies «the martyrs blood is the Christians’ origin».
In the right chapel, a painting by Bernardino Cervi with the Saints Liberata, Bernardino and Pietro (17th century).